Here is where the work truly begins
If you did not get a chance to listen to the Mkt2online Podcast Episode 2, you can listen here.
NOTE: This page is to help you, the marketer, document your (3) Lists that will be critical in beginning to find your Audience (pocket of people to serve).
A really strong offer is a combination of:
- Your interests, experience, and/or abilities;
- An audience that has a need for what you have to offer; and
- A clear demonstration of value — to the audience — those interests, experience, and/or abilities can create for them in their life or struggles.
Let’s look at each of these individually.
The first question to answer is:
- "what are your interests?"
- What are the skills that you have learned, what are the hobbies you have pursued, and what experiences have you had?
- How do you choose to spend your free time?
- What would your recent calendar, and your last few months credit card statements say about your interests?
I suggest that you make three lists:
- Experience (professional and personal).
Do not rush through this — expect to spend quite a bit of time working on it.
This is the most important thing you can do for your business.
The 2-3 hours, minimum, that you spend thinking about and documenting your interest, talents, and abilities will define your business going forward.
This is where the successful online marketers began by doing the work.
Once you have lists that you feel are reasonably complete, take another look through all of them and cross out (or delete) anything that doesn’t really excite you. Then, start asking "why" — repeatedly — for everything on your list (and capture your answers on a separate list).
Don’t just ask "why" once and move one. Dig deeply. You’re looking for the core drivers underneath your interests, hobbies, and powerful experiences.
Below is an image of how the Five Whys works You can take a look at the site it came from for more clarity
If you think you know of some improvements that could be made, let me know. Click on the link here.
Keep coming back for more great content next week.
Thanks for being here.